Monday, November 2, 2015

Day 271 - Observations

I found that people made a lot of observations (to me) about my physical appearance last week, which I guess people tend to do.  Most of them centered around my hair as I suspected they would.  People weren't necessarily unkind about my hair, but they would walk up to me and just make statements such as "you cut your hair" or "wow, your hair is different."

I feel like a polite person would follow up such statements with "it looks nice" or something like that, but most people didn't.  Maybe they thought that my hair looked nice, and maybe they didn't.  I don't really care, but I did find it strange that someone would just walk up to me and repeat a fact to me about my appearance.  Clearly I know that I have short hair.

One person pushed a little bit and said "what made you decide to make such a drastic change?"  My response "chemo."  Then we had a nice discussion about the past year, but if someone is going to be so unapologetically blunt, then I will do the same.

There were also a few comments about other aspects of my appearance, but the hair comments were the most prevalent. I wasn't necessarily offended by the comments so let's say that I am observing the observations.

No comments:

Post a Comment