Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Day 273 - Dance

You know those people who spontaneously break out in dance?  They can be in the gym, in a store with good music, or anywhere really and just start dancing to the music. There are people in my gym who basically dance through every workout, and the trainers dance their way across the room as they are telling us what to do.  I'm not one of them.  Not even close.  I am a terrible dancer, and I think that part of it stems from self-consciousness (or high self-monitoring as I've mentioned before).  I don't feel terribly comfortable dancing which is probably why I am not very good at it.

I've always admired people who can just start dancing, not caring at all what others think in that moment.  While I'm nowhere near being able to walk through the grocery store dancing, I am loosening the reigns on self-consciousness.  I am more comfortable with myself (and my physical appearance) than I have ever been.  I am who I am, and I am ok with that. That is not me being egotistical, just ok in my own skin.

I went for a run/walk today during lunch and listened to the Pitbull Pandora station during my exercise.  Let me just tell you, it's hard NOT to dance listening to that station.  I held it together (obviously) while I was outside, but I did find myself dancing a little bit in my kitchen while I made my lunch.  The music was so good that I left it on after I was finished with my workout. Mike was not home, and the dancing probably would not have happened had he been home.  The fact that it happened at all, though, is somewhat notable.

I'd like to continue to lighten up a little bit, but you probably won't find me dancing at the gym anytime soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment