Sunday, November 22, 2015

Day 291 - Accomplished

I got a lot accomplished today - gym, grocery store, bounce castles with Henry, and some volunteer work.  I originally planned for a 10am trip to the gym but figured that stores would be packed by the time the class ended at 11 so switched to an earlier class at 8:45am.

When I got home, Henry requested a trip to the bounce castle place, and we had no other plans so I obliged.  He made a few friends and had a sweaty blast running around. I could tell where he was at any given time because he was growling like a dinosaur almost the whole time he was there.  Kids are so funny.

This afternoon, I did some work for METAvivor.  I am working on a volunteer training program for them and got a program outline off to my contact on the organization's board of directors.  I have spent the past few months researching best practices and gathering information on other volunteer training programs so was able to compile my recommendations and a basic program outline and send it along.

If I'm on the right track, I'll start filling in the outline with more robust information.  I am so glad to be able to help this organization, and I hope to hear about another volunteer opportunity sometime next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment