Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Day 279 - Morning

Henry tends to jump out of bed in the morning ready to roll and with a lot of energy.  He's a morning person, much like his mom.  Though I generally have to wake him up for school, once he is awake, he's moving.  This morning, I went into his room, turned off his white noise machine, and sat in his rocking chair until he woke up.  He got out of bed, came right over to the rocking chair, and snuggled with me for a good 5 minutes while he woke up.

It is very uncharacteristic, and I enjoyed every second of it.  He is very affectionate, but still moments are rare.  I closed my eyes and breathed in the smell of his hair and felt his chest rise and fall.  It was such an incredible way to start the day.  He and I barely fit in that chair anymore, but I'll squeeze anytime he wants to rock.

I loved this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment