Sunday, October 11, 2015

Day 249 - Lighthouse

This morning, Henry and I met up with some friends to walk on the beach and check out the Morris Island Lighthouse.  We always do our beaching at Kiawah, and I tend to forget about other beaches in town, and I am sorry that I do.  We drove to Folly Beach, stopped where the road ended, and headed out to the beach.  The beach was desolate and gorgeous.  Shells had washed up all over the beach, and Henry and his friends had so much fun running around and picking up shells.

We walked for a while and came upon the Morris Island Lighthouse, a Charleston landmark that I had never seen.  It is a beautiful lighthouse that appears to be sitting in the middle of the ocean. Morris Island is not very big, and I imagine that it gets covered during high tide.  Walking on the beach with friends was a wonderful way to spend a few hours.  I am so glad that we did that this morning.

On the way home, Henry and I both got hungry so we stopped for a late lunch.  Henry said that he wanted fish for lunch so we went to place called Roadside Seafood.  It was nice to have a little lunch date.  We looked through photos on my phone and chatted while we waited for our food. He was as good as gold and such great company.

No comments:

Post a Comment