Saturday, October 31, 2015

Day 269 - Captain America

I am still not entirely sure how I got convinced to drive down to the beach when I got home last night, but I am glad that I did.  We had a nice evening last night, and I slept until 10:30 (!!!) this morning.  My body thought that it was 7:30, but wow!  It was so nice to get so much sleep. I think that I got almost 12 hours.  I needed that.

The moment that I woke up this morning, Henry wanted to carve pumpkins.  I tossed the pumpkins in the car yesterday when I was packing up overnight bags so they were ready to go.  He wanted to do 2 faces this year instead of getting more creative, and I was ok with that.  Faces are easy enough to do.  His pumpkin had a scary face, and he wanted mine to have a nice face.  Pumpkins got carved, and we met the rest of the crew while they were out crabbing.  Crabbing was slow, but it was a gorgeous day so we enjoyed being out.

I peeled away from crabbing and went for a 30-min walk/run.  There is a Thanksgiving Day 5K here that I did last year, and I want to be able to run the whole thing this year.  I should have enough time to get there, and if I'm not, that is ok too.

Henry was Captain American for Halloween this year. He was under the impression that he had to use a costume that he already had for Halloween so we just went with it.  He has some fun dress-up clothes and wanted to wear his construction costume until yesterday when he decided that Captain America was better.  The last-minute change was easy though to manage.

I love Halloween.  I don't dress up but did snag a festive skeleton t-shirt to wear this year which is more than I usually do.

No comments:

Post a Comment