Sunday, October 25, 2015

Day 263 - Market

We went to an area called the Malibu Country Market today.  It's a shopping center with a playground and restaurants, but calling the area a "shopping center" would be so not Malibu.  The country market is really nice and has very high end shops.  I could have spent a lot of time wandering through the shops,  but we spent most of our time there watching Henry play on the playground.  He's a fool for playgrounds, and I love to watch him play and share his enthusiasm for the simple act of playing.

After we went to the market, we drove to a pumpkin patch in the valley.  It was a nice little pumpkin patch that had two bounce castles with slides so Henry was hooked. He played on the slides, and we pulled him away for a bite of lunch.

I needed to be at my hotel downtown late afternoon, and everyone was up for a ride downtown so they all dropped me off.  It was tough to say goodbye to Mike and Henry.  It's been a while since I have been away from them.  Henry was particularly clingy which was hard, but I have a feeling that he moved on the moment that he got back into the car.

I had dinner with some colleagues tonight (!!) and have some work to finish up tonight before our big setup day tomorrow.  It's really happening.  I am at an event for work.  I wanted to finish treatment in time to be at this event, and it has happened.  I am so grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment