Thursday, October 29, 2015

Day 267 - Over

The event is over, and it was successful by almost all standards!  There are times when things get panicky and stressful behind the scenes, but as long as that tension is not passed along to our attendees (and it's not), then I am fine.  The hotel where we had the event probably (definitely) had the worst convention services team that I have ever encountered, but the staff that we dealt with the most during the event were really great.

There was one point where our convention services representative walked past us without even stopping to check in and see how were were doing.  He just flicked a brief wave and kept talking to his colleague.  We rarely saw him, and when we did, it was because I texted him with a "I need to talk to you. Please meet me at registration."  Goodness.

Bad service aside, I am glad that I was here for the event.  I'm so glad that I was here for the event.  We're going to go out to dinner tonight to celebrate a successful conference, and I get on a plane bright and early in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment