Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Day 266 - Balloons

We had a big setup day on Monday and a few small meetings.  I also had the opportunity to sit down with my boss to have some lunch. During lunch, he said "let's grab a drink later."  I spent the rest of the afternoon thinking/hoping that he would cancel drinks so that I could go to bed early.  It turns out that he and I weren't just having drinks.  My colleagues had planned a surprise welcome back party for me, and having a drink with my boss was a guise to get me to the party.

They reserved a section of the hotel's bar and ordered some food and drinks. They also got me a huge bundle of balloons and a very sweet card.  It was so touching. I broke my "no crying at work rule" because I was so blown away by the kind gesture.  I am very fortunate to be surrounded by so many caring and thoughtful people.  What a fun way to kick off the event.

The bulk of the event is over as of today. We've got a small meeting tomorrow and some final wrap up then will go out to dinner tomorrow night before heading back to our various homes.  I've been really glad to be at the event.  Being here has been my work-related goal since treatment started, and I am proud to say that my goal has been accomplished.

I've forgotten how sore my feet get at events though.  OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment