Monday, October 12, 2015

Day 250 - Nope

The medication that my oncologist gave me to help with anxiety (as well as hot flashes) has made me feel horrible.  I've been pretty barfy for the past 3 days, which the internet tells me is normal when starting this medication, but I am beginning to think that it is not worth it.  I've only taken 3 pills and am not going to take it again. I called my doctor just to make sure that it is ok to stop taking it, and he gave me the green light.  It is generally unwise to stop taking these medications cold turkey which is why I called, but I've only taken 3 pills so I am fine to stop.

I've got something that I can take if I start to feel really anxious and feel comfortable taking that on an "as needed" basis instead of taking a pill that makes me feel badly on a regular basis. It is my goal to feel better, not worse!

Also, I am having a bit of trouble letting go of this blog.  I need to stop writing her as part of my healing, but I am not ready to do so yet so I'll keep writing until the mood to stop strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment