Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Day 259 - Notebook

I have started putting together my notebook for next week's event.  I suppose that it really is a binder, but I've already used "binder" in a post title so that was clearly out. I've got very specific requirements for event notebooks - it must be a 3 ring binder with a clear plastic pocket on the front.  I print a copy of the event schedule and put it in the clear folder to reference often during the event.  The folder also houses chap stick, mints, my cell phone, my jump drive, and other event necessities that I carry with me from place to place.  The plastic pocket is usually pretty banged up by the time the event is over, but it does the trick.

I've also been known to use my event notebook to cover up my name badge.  I distinctly remember a salesperson roaming the hallways of an event looking for me a very long time ago, and I was conveniently incognito since my badge was covered by my notebook.  I am sure that this salesperson was perfectly nice, but I was not up for a pitch on why we should use his company for particular services.

My binder also contains menus, floor plans, contracts, hotel guest room information, important phone numbers, etc., but I don't find myself referencing those documents terribly often. I just like knowing that I have them in my possession should I need them.  The binder is a security blanket for me during events, and it has even  been the subject of some good-natured teasing, "Nancy, we never see you without a binder in your hand."  Obviously.  Where else would I store my mints?!

No comments:

Post a Comment