Saturday, February 14, 2015

Day 10 - A Hot Mess

"You're a hot mess," said a friend lovingly after I told her that I went to urgent care for ear pain and wooziness.  I think it is the perfect description.  A hot mess. I have been having ear pressure/pain and some wooziness since last Saturday so I finally went to the doctor for it (with the blessing from my oncologist).  Turns out that I have a ton of fluid in my ears which is throwing off my equilibrium.  6 flights in the last 2 weeks probably did not help anything in that area. 

They flushed out my ear (totally bizarre feeling) and recommended some OTC meds.  The doc wanted to give me some steroids to dry out my ears, but since I am having surgery on Wednesday, I can't do that.  I will admit that I am glad that there was a very clear reason for my ear pain and cloudy/foggy feeling. It helps me not read too far into things.

Also left Henry's jacket and sunglasses at a birthday party that we attended this morning. "They" say that chemo can make you more forgetful.  Maybe just the idea of chemo is making me more forgetful.

A hot mess.

Otherwise, today was great.  We celebrated a very special little boy's 4th birthday this morning then my mom and Henry made Valentine cookies this afternoon while I went to the doc and dozed on the couch.  The "may cause drowsiness" on the box of Zyrtec D is quite the understatement. 

One more day of "normal" on tap for tomorrow before my week of doctor's appointments and procedures starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment