Sunday, February 15, 2015

Day 11 - Binders Full of Cancer

I've always loved school and office supplies and still find myself agonizing over which binders, pens, notebooks, post-its are perfect for my needs.  I found myself looking for the perfect cancer binder in Target today while Henry was trying to weasel a new toy from both me and my mother (he was unsuccessful).

I love binders.  As an event planner, binders are my safety net and are very comforting.  Event attendees who have known me for a while tend to give me a hard time, "we never see you without that binder."  They're right. At an event, I am never without my binder as it contains everything that I need to successfully tackle the event.

It only stands to reason that I should have a binder for one of the most major life experiences that I will face...battling cancer.  What goes into the perfect cancer binder, you ask?  Well, I can only guess, but it must look nice (now is NOT the time for a boring white binder with clear pocket), it must be large for ALL of the paperwork that is constantly thrown at me, it must be durable, and it must have a place for my notebook that has come with me to all appointments and is used for all phone calls.

So I have a cancer binder.  It has a lovely pink ikat print on it and has a clip inside of it to hold my notebook.  Who would have thought that I would need a cancer binder, but I do know that it will be important for me to be organized during this process so I will have a place for insurance information, lab reports, doctor notes, medicine that I am taking, important phone numbers, etc.

I've got some organizing to do.  That stack of paperwork that I have is about to be hole punched and put in its rightful place. 

Any colleagues reading this are probably laughing right about now.  

Outside of binder research, today was pretty normal and even a bit relaxing.  My mom, Henry and I went out to a late breakfast/early lunch (some might call that brunch) at a place called Cory's Grilled Cheese.  Yes, that's right.  A grilled cheese restaurant.  Then we went to Kiawah and bumbled around for a little while. It was too cold to do too much, but cold or no cold, I always love going to Kiawah.

We took Henry for a new pair of shoes and picked up a few essentials from Target. MUCH to Henry's disappointment, a new Planes Fire & Rescue toy was not included on our list of essentials.  He had a full blown meltdown about it in the car when I broke the bad news, and he was weepy on and off about it while we were in the store.  Drama.

1 comment: