Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 9 - A Fairly Normal Day

I suppose that I won't know what a normal day feels like for a while, but today was fairly normal. I only had one doctor appointment, and it was pretty brief.  I got to see one of my favorite doctors, the doctor that delivered Henry almost 4 years ago.  It was so wonderful to see him, and he was so supportive and positive.  He also wrote me a little prescription to help ease some anxiety and help me sleep. 

My overwhelming feelings from yesterday have dissipated some though cancer is always on my mind right now.  It's awfully rude that way..never really leaves me alone, and I like to be alone sometimes.  I talked to a woman who is about to celebrate 5 years of being cancer-free.  That must be such a wonderful feeling.  I very much look forward to that day. 

I was actually able to accomplish a lot of work today as well as work on backup plans for the days when I can't work as much as I would like. It felt good to be so productive and to forget about cancer for a little while.  I even had several phone calls during which cancer was NOT mentioned at all.  Wow. That has not happened in a week.  That was nice.

My mom, Henry and I went out to Mexican for dinner tonight.  I usually prefer to go to Senior Tequila's ON Valentine's Day (que romantico), but I suppose that the day before will have to suffice.  Henry was absolutely bananas from all of the sugar that he had from his school Valentine's Day party so the dinner was, mercifully, brief.

I did move a scheduled chemo education session back to later in the week next week so that Mike can attend.  I think that it will be good for him to hear more about it first-hand. 

I am not sure how I will ever be able to repay all of the kindness that I have received from countless family, friends, colleagues, and people who I don't even know. I guess that the beauty of kindness is that there is no expectation of repayment, but I do hope to be able to offer the same level of compassion and support to others down the road. 

Today was a pretty boring day, all things considered.  I needed boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment