Monday, February 9, 2015

Day 5 - Weepy + More Information


I was so weepy today. Goodness. I talked to/heard from so many people today, and everyone was so wonderfully nice and supportive.  I can't even describe how overwhelmed I am with all of the kind words and support that I have already received.

I did get some more information today, which made me feel so much better.  I have triple negative breast cancer, and it is stage 1, T2.  Stage 1.  Stage freaking 1.  I almost instantly felt lighter when Dr. Hawk said that to me.  Stage 1.  Obviously, it's still cancer and has to be treated aggressively, but it could be so much worse.

I also pushed back my port surgery until next week. It just felt way to sudden and way too rushed for me, and I want to wait to do that until I have the MRI and meet with the oncologist.  Dr. Hawk was extremely supportive of that decision and assured me that it would not be detrimental to my treatment. Things were just moving so fast. I want this out, and I want it out NOW, but I want all of the information first and foremost.  I am a fact person and need the facts before something so life-altering happens to me.

Mike left for St. Kitts today, but we were able to talk several times while he was in the airport. I know that he was pleased to have more information too.

I went to the gym tonight, and it felt so good.  I worked out pretty hard and it felt good to know that I could. I told my trainer what is going on, and he was, of course, supportive. It will be nice to have the entire Orangetheory Fitness team behind me. I'd like to continue to go as much as I possibly can. I love that place.

I will absolutely have to have chemo first. That is standard practice for triple negative. I am ok with that. I am more than ok.  I am almost excited for it because it will mean that my cancer is going away.  Wonder how I will look bald??  Probably bad..I have a giant dome.

Hopefully I will be less weepy tomorrow.  My poor eyes and head.  I've had cancer for 5 days now (well I have known about it for 5 days), and I am finally getting more information and next steps.

I do need to figure out what we are going to say to Henry.  He's going to know that something is wrong, especially when I lose my hair.  Maybe he'll want to shave his head too.  That would be so cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment