Saturday, February 28, 2015

Day 24 - Temporary

This is only temporary.  I had to keep reminding myself of that today.  This is not my new normal.  This is only a temporary normal.  I wanted to get up and go and have "normal" Saturday full of playing, errands, and other random things, and my body was just not up for that today.  That is ok.  I have to take this time for me, and I have to be honest with myself about how I feel.

Type A Nancy is going to have to take a little break, and we're going to have to welcome a more laid-back and calm Nancy who is ok with taking things a little bit easier.

I took my anti-nausea medicine this morning and realized that the side effects (dizziness, tiredness) from the medicine were not worth the relief for the first time so I didn't take another dose during the day and was fine.  That is a good sign.  I didn't have much energy during the day though so there was a lot of sitting around, napping, and movie-watching with Henry.  It was a nice lazy Saturday.

We did go out for lunch, and I ate half of a hamburger (go me)!  It felt good to get out of the house for a little while.  Henry had a babysitter tonight so that Mike and I could go see a friend perform in a musical.  We've had these plans long before cancer came into the picture (well long before we knew about it) and wanted to keep the plans.  Our friend has an amazing voice and is a wonderfully talented singer and actor, and it was great to see him on stage.  We even made it to dinner with them and a few other couples after.  I probably stayed up way too late, but it was worth it.

Right before we left to go out tonight, Henry looked at me and said "Mom, you look gorgeous."  That kid.  He really does melt my heart.  I know that I am biased, of course I am, but he really has a heart of gold and is so adorable on top of it.  Complete package, that kid.  I am lucky to be his mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment