Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Day 7 - A Wee Bit Random

You'd think that one faced with the prospect of losing her hair would spend more time actually styling the hair that she does have.  Not me.  I guess this proves that I am still just regular old me.  I did wash, dry, and style my hair this morning. How about a pat on the old back?!

I also found myself laughing and crying a tiny bit as I was driving back from dropping Henry off at school.  Scene - 33-year old mom in what amounts to a station wagon (those mid-sized SUVs are designed to make people feel a little bit better about driving station wagons), car seat in back, 8:00am, Eminem and Nate Dogg BLARING from the radio, and me singing (?) every word along with them.  What can I say, I like rap.  I like rap a lot, and I'm not going to hide it.  Small tip for "real" adults reading this - DO NOT look up songs by Eminem and Nate Dogg.  Trust me.  Don't.

I think that I made Henry uncomfortable this morning. I was staring at him nonstop for a little while.  He is just so cute and sweet.  I am totally in awe of him.  I told his school my news yesterday, and they were wonderful (of course).  I want them to be aware of what is going on for when changes do start to happen and we start talking to Henry about this.  Continuing to build the team here.

Reinforcements have arrived!  My mom got here this afternoon, and I am so glad that she is here.  She came with tons of food, tons of love, and tons of support. She's going to be here until Monday and will go with me to the oncologist tomorrow.

I woke up exhausted this morning.  A sure sign that I am not getting quality sleep.  Goodness, I am so tired. 

My doctor's office sent me a copy of the pathology report, and they also included the MRI report from yesterday.  I am no doctor, but when I saw "no suspicious masses on the right side," I was pretty relieved.  So the left is letting me down, but the right is holding strong.  That is good news.  There were some suspicious lymph nodes on the left, but I have known that is a possibility the whole time, and I will tackle those when I tackle the tumor.

On day 0 of this whole process (the day that I had the biopsy done on the suspicious lump), I got in my car after the appointment and had a good long cry. I was scared. I was really scared. Once I got it all out, I started the car and drove to get Henry.  As I was driving down the road, I saw part of a rainbow in the sky. It was a small rainbow but seemingly appeared out of nowhere.  It had not rained at all that day.  I swear that rainbow was just for me.  I needed to see it that day, and I need to remember it during this whole journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment