Sunday, September 13, 2015

Day 221 - Sunday Funday

The definition of "Sunday Funday" has changed over the years.  At one point, it meant spending all day with a group of friends watching football and having drinks. We would stretch the weekend until the last possible minute then would usually feel it on Monday morning.  Those were fun times, but I like the current Sunday Funday much better.

Reagan and I had brunch this morning (alone!) and got to spend some time catching up.  It was wonderful to do so, as always. The staff at the restaurant were so attentive to us that it was almost comical.  I think that I was offered more coffee at least 6 times.  We just started to laugh there at the end. 

Once I got home, I offered Henry his choice of going to the beach or the pool, and he chose pool.  Fine with me though I would have been up for a drive to the beach.  He and I had our neighborhood pool to ourselves, and we had a blast.  Henry likes to play with diving sticks, but he can't dive down to get them himself.  He tries but always ends up floating up to the top so I have to push him under so that he can get the diving sticks.  It feel so unnatural to shove my child under water, but he loves it.  

The birthday party was a lot of fun last night.  I had a few glasses of champagne early and switched to water.  Mike offered to be the DD, but I declined because I am such a lightweight right now and did not want to feel badly this morning.  It was the right decision.  We saw a lot of people that we knew at the party and were able to catch up with all of them.  So fun.  

Two of the people who were at the party, a married couple, are pathologists.  I spoke with one of them early in my diagnosis because I wanted his thoughts on doctors in town, and it turns out that he had been in a couple of meetings (called tumor board) during the chemo portion of my treatment in which my care came up.  I found that to be pretty cool and was glad that he had some influence over my care (and my fervent requests for more chemo) because he is brilliant, and I trust him very much.  

No comments:

Post a Comment