Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day 231 - Lunch

Today was a big day in Cancerland.  One friend had her first chemo treatment today, and I had lunch with a friend who is nearing the end of her chemo infusions.  I vividly remember the emotions surrounding both the beginning and end of chemo and can empathize with both experiences.

Lunch with my friend was wonderful.  We never leave the table without each tearing up one time or another, but our diagnoses are still so fresh and raw that discussing them dredges up so many feelings.

It is so nice to have this time to talk to each other and to get anything out that others may not be able to entirely understand.  I really enjoy our lunches and am so grateful that we stumbled (almost literally) upon each other.

I went to the gym tonight, and it felt so good.  Today was the first time in months that I have worn my heart rate monitor, and I am glad that I did.  I burned a ton of calories, which is great, but I was mainly curious to see what my heart rate was going to do during my "trying to get back into shape" period.  It was pretty high during most of the class as I expected.  I'm getting there, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment