Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Day 209 - Timing

The radiation department was running way behind again today.  I didn't get my treatment until 4:15 so they were running on an hour delay.  I was also supposed to see the doctor for a quick check in today, but she was so behind that I ended up seeing another doctor.  I heard my doctor talking in the next room (she has a very distinctive voice) and could tell that she was dealing with problems larger than my minor skin discoloration and minor swelling though I couldn't hear exactly what she was saying.

As one of the radiation techs said, it only takes a slight hiccup for them to get behind, and I totally understand.  If one person is running late for his/her appointment, the other carefully timed appointments get pushed back.  I try to be patient and succeed most of the time.  These treatments have a finite end so I need to continue to be patient and just go with the process.

It is unfortunate that these treatments are so disruptive to my work day, but again, they are temporary.  I will be done with them before I know it and will be turned out to the great big world of no more cancer treatment. I look forward to and fear that world all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment