Saturday, September 26, 2015

Day 234 - Week

It's hard to believe that my last full week of treatment is on the horizon. As I type this, I am looking at my dwindling paper chain that only has 6 more links.  So many feelings are cropping up as I wind down treatment, but I realize that they are just amplified feelings that I have had the entire time.  I find myself a bit tense and a bit anxious and try to remember why I am that way right now.  Being kind to myself and cutting myself some slack are important right now.

Speaking of tense, I took Henry clothes shopping today.  We realized that Henry hardly had any long-sleeved shirts or long pants that fit him so he needed a wardrobe update.  Henry is right on the edge between toddler and kid clothes so I was not sure what to buy for him.  He had to come with me and try on some clothes.  I'd prefer to not do that again anytime soon.  He was not badly behaved but did act like a 4-year old, and 4-year olds are not well-equipped to either look for or try on clothes.  He's officially in kid sizes which is very hard to believe.  When did he get so big?

After our shopping, we went to Starbucks for a treat.  I had a coffee, and he had a cake pop and juice box.  Starbucks' pink cake pops are incredibly good. I am sure that the other flavors are good too, but I've never ventured past the pink ones because they rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment