Friday, September 25, 2015

Day 233 - Tornado

I have not slept through the night in months.  My night have been full of tossing, turning, staring at the clock, etc, last night being the exception.  I woke up this morning to my clock flashing due to a power outage and an alert on my phone from 12:45am that read "Tornado warning in your area until 1:30am.  Take shelter now."  Tornadoes touched down approximately 1 mile away from our house, and funnel clouds were spotted even closer.  Really scary.

Thankfully, we are totally fine though I am not really sure why my phone's alert system did not wake me up.  I turn my phone to silent overnight, but have it set so that my phone will ring if anyone on my "favorites" list calls even when the phone is on silent.  I just assumed that emergency warnings would usurp the silent setting.  Either the alert sounded, and I slept through it, or it did not go off at all.  We definitely should have been huddled in our first floor bathroom.

While there was some damage to homes on Johns Island (very near us), no one was hurt which is great news.  Apparently, it was a very exciting night.  I was sound asleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment