Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Day 223 - Lucky

On my way home from radiation this afternoon, I returned a call to a work vendor that I missed while I getting treatment.  The start of the conversation went a little something like this:

Me: Sorry that I missed your call. I was at the doctor.
Vendor: You're lucky. I wish that I was at the doctor.  I have a horrible cold.
Me (not wanting to engage):  Wow.  That sounds pretty bad.

I had bigger fish to fry with this vendor as he totally screwed up something that he was working on for our October event so I think that he was a little nervous talking to me, but WHO SAYS THAT?

Why would someone's first reaction when hearing of another's doctor's appointment be "you're lucky."  He had no idea why I was at the doctor, and it is none of his business, but it was the strangest reaction ever.  I was very tempted to lash out with a smart-mouthed response, but it would have just lead to an awkward conversation with someone I probably will not talk to much again anyway (see screwed up something).

Today's lesson: think before you speak.

(that should probably be the lesson every day)

No comments:

Post a Comment