Saturday, July 4, 2015

Day 150 - Fireworks

Several weeks ago, I suggested that we let Henry stay up for fireworks this year. He's old enough that we've been able to be a little bit more flexible with bedtime so we just went for it.  Henry and I went down to the beach at around 10 this morning, and Mike met us at the house after he played golf.  The beach was perfect today. There was a nice breeze, and it was not too crowded.  Henry ran, and ran, and ran some more.  He actually got a little pink from the sun today, and I feel horrible.  Hopefully it fades quickly. 

We took a beach break for some lunch at around 2 and headed back shortly thereafter.  At around 7pm, it started to rain really hard and thunder a little bit, and I started to get worried that the fireworks would be cancelled.  I had really talked them up to Henry so he was excited, and I was, frankly, excited to see them myself.  The fireworks were to start at 9:30 so I called at 9:10 to ask if they were still happening and was told that they would do them even if it was raining. 

Mike chose to leave and come home, but Henry and I (and several others) grabbed a few umbrellas and some flashlights and walked down to the beach. They put on a great show, and Henry was totally delighted.  It was worth getting a little damp and letting him stay up way late.  

He fell asleep in the car on the way home, and I carried him right up to bed where he rolled over and went immediately back to sleep. 

It was a great day on the beach, and I will write more about that tomorrow.  I am going to go immediately to sleep myself right now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment