Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Day 175 - 34

On my 175th day of cancer, I celebrate my 34th birthday. The day started with snuggles and back pats from Henry who woke up a wee bit early and came into bed with me (Mike bailed to the chair in Henry's room).  It was the perfect way to start the day.  He got me moving with "Mom, if I pat your back 5 more times, can we go downstairs."  He's a funny one.

My work day started with a little bit of a grumpy phone call which lead me to the declaration that I am not going to work on my birthday moving forward.  Birthdays should be set aside for fun, not for work.  Lesson learned.

Despite the workday grumps, I had a wonderful day.  I took some time for myself during my lunch break and had a pedicure. Mike, Henry and I went out for dinner tonight at Senior Tequila..my favorite cheap Mexican restaurant.  The food comes out so scarily fast that you really wonder if they just have one everything ready. It never disappoints though.

After we got home for dinner, we had some cake and I opened some lovely presents.  I got the best birthday present I could have possibly received last week.  No gift will ever be able to top that one.
Birthdays, in general, are a gift, and I am grateful to celebrate my 34th and hope for many many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment