Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 155 - Flash

Not going to lie, I am ready for these hot flashes to stop.  It's pretty uncomfortable to be sitting perfectly still in an air-conditioned house and break out in a sweat all over.  It is a feeling like none other, and one that I am over.  I wake up at least twice a night (even if just briefly) burning hot despite my fan setup.  Obviously, hot flashes are a minor inconvenience in the grand scheme of things, but I would still like for them to go away.

I went for a nice long bike ride during lunch today (a perfectly appropriate time to sweat).  It was pretty hot, but the breeze from moving fairly fast made the heat tolerable.  I do a lot of thinking on my bike, and today was no different.  I appreciate the quite time to spend with my thoughts as there are so few times in which there are minimal distractions.

After work, I went out to Kiawah and caught up the crew already there. Mike picked Henry up early from school, and they spent the afternoon on the beach with my mom/Glen and our friends.  I was sorry that I could not go to the beach with them but glad that I was able to join for a cocktail and dinner.  We had a great dinner and visit and headed out at 8 to get Henry home for a late(ish) bedtime.  It was very fun.

I've had so many evening activities this week which is a nice change of pace.  I am also happy to report that my stalking of the woman that I met at the grocery store was successful (that makes me sound so creepy). We've exchanged contact information and intend to keep in touch.  I'm glad.

I was disappointed by something that my beloved Young Survival Coalition posted on Facebook today.  Apparently they have entered into a partnership with Spencer's Gifts (that store still exists?) to raise awareness of breast cancer by selling silicone bracelets with various slogans on them.  One bracelet design said "Boobies Make me Smile."  YSC got slaughtered for it on Facebook, and rightfully so.  That is so distasteful and degrading.  I could go on (and on), but I do hope that the backlash that they are receiving makes them reconsider the partnership. 

No comments:

Post a Comment