Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 171 - Friends

Today ended up being a really fun day with friends.  This morning, Henry and I went to a friend's house so that he could play with her little boys. Henry and her oldest especially have fun playing together, and other people's toys are always magical.  They do have some cool toys and even have a small jump castle that Henry probably would have slept in had we let him.  My friend and I were able to catch up, and the kids wore each other out sufficiently. Perfect morning.

After play time, we came home and relaxed for a little while, and I think that I dozed on the couch for a few.  Mike played golf this afternoon so I took Henry downtown to play in two fountains in Charleston's Waterfront Park.  The fountains are chlorinated and treated so are safe to play in, and he had an awesome time.  He ran and ran and ran, made a few friends and ran some more.

Once he had his fill, I put some dry clothes on him, and we headed for ice cream.  As we were walking into the ice cream shop, I heard "Hey, N!"  My friend Alison spotted me as she was driving down the street (I am kind of easy to pick out of a crowd).  She yelled that she was going to find a place to park and catch up with us.  H and I got some ice cream while Alison and family parked which was no easy task.  We caught up with them after a little while, and it was so fun.  Alison was accompanied by her husband, two daughters, mom (who was like a second mother to me growing up), and one of her sisters.  We had a mini reunion right there in the park.

Alison and I have known each other for nearly 25 years!  We did everything together growing up and surely drove our parents crazy doing so.  Some of my best memories include Alison, her parents, her sisters, and her grandparents.  We were truly inseparable.  While we do not see each other terribly often anymore, the memories will never fade.  It made my day to see them.

What a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment