Sunday, July 12, 2015

Day 158 - Patience

I'd say that my patience-level generally ranks at about a "5" on a scale of 1-10.  I am not overly patient, but I am not ragingly impatient either.  I do find, however, that I my patience starts to creep lower and lower before major life events.  My nerves and anxiety get the best of me whether I am aware of it or not.  I found myself a bit short on patience today, but I am chalking most of that up to the very big week that I have on tap.

That said, we had a very nice day.  Henry had a swim lesson this morning and did a great job. He's been taking swim lessons with the same woman since he was 10 months old.  I know that sounds really young, but he's a champ in the water, and I think that is because he was exposed to it at an early age.  He's super comfortable in the water and is getting better at actually swimming.  His swimming is still a bit flailing and frantic-looking, but he's improving every time.  I also really like his swim instructor, and it was great to see her today.

Post-swimming, I took Henry to the pirate playground, and he was not into it at all. He went down the slide maybe 4 times and was ready to head out.  That's not quite like him, but it was hot, and I think he was a bit tired. Mike met us for lunch then Henry and I went to Trader Joe's for a few essential and a lot of vegetables.

I put the groceries away and left Henry at home to run one more errand.  I had to go to Walmart to buy some front-closing no underwire bras in anticipation of my surgery and a somewhat limited range of motion.  You would not believe how hard it is to find such things on the cheap.  I've been looking all over town, and Walmart was the only place that had something that fit the bill.  They are super attractive (kidding), were $6 each, and will go in the trash can or maybe the fireplace (for the theatrics) once I no longer need their practical and supportive services.

I also spent some time preparing veggies to eat during the week and cutting up/portioning fruit for smoothies and yogurt.  I love to cook so it was a nice way to spend an hour or so.  Having everything prepared will make it easier to eat healthy during the week and will help me stick to meals that I have planned out.

Big week coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you lots as you prepare for your surgery. xo

    ReplyDelete