Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 157 - Splash

One of the county parks in Charleston has a small water park called Splash Zone.  There are two big water slides, a pool, lazy river, and a shallow water-based playground.  Henry and I met some friends there, and once I got over the fresh hell of walking around in public in my bathing suit, we had a wonderful time.  Truly excellent.  Henry was just tall enough to go on the big water slides in a double float with me, and we probably went on them 15 times.  They went pretty fast, and Henry got a face full of water at the bottom of each, but he did not mind.  In fact, the first thing he told Mike about when we got home is how he got splashed in the face.  Funny.

The playground area was also a big hit too. He is big enough to be pretty independent in shallow water like that so had a blast.  He played with his friends, and their mom and I sat in the water and chatted.  The lazy river was also fun.  We went around twice, but it was a little too slow-paced for my adventurous child. 

I went to OrangeTheory this morning and had a pretty good workout by my current fitness standards.  It was a tough workout for anyone so I just did my best.  I also got to see one of my favorite trainers, and he and I spent some time talking for a while after.  I asked him if he thought that he and the other trainers could help me with enough modifications so that I can still go during radiation.  He assured me that they could and said that they've got members with rotator cuff  issues who also cannot do any upper body work so they are accustomed to making modifications.  When the time comes, he encouraged me to let the other trainers know well in advance and that they would give me lower body exercises when others are doing upper body, and I can ride the stationary bike during the rowing portions of the class. I'm pretty excited about that. I was feeling guilty even thinking about requesting such modifications, but the trainer said that kind of stuff is exactly what they are there for. 

He is also really big into nutrition so gave me so things to look into to help detox and get my body back to where it needs to be (slowly).  I'll look into his ideas.  I'm not going to got too crazy, but maybe I will add some juicing or some super nutrient-dense smoothies into my diet to get an extra boost of nutrition.

Today was an excellent day.  I am glad that I took some time for myself this morning and even happier about the afternoon that I got to spend with Henry.  He and I will both sleep well tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment