Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Day 153 - Relaxation

As predicted, I am extremely sore from the little bit of running that I did yesterday.  While uncomfortable, I don't mind a little bit of soreness from working out as it signifies that I worked hard.  Lucky for me, I had a 90-min massage after work today so that helped a lot.

Henry's school gave me a gift certificate for a massage several months ago, and I was very happy to be able to cash it in tonight.  It was very nice of the school to do that for me, and I am grateful for their thoughtfulness. I left work right at 5pm and hightailed it over for 90 minutes of relaxation.  It was really incredible.

I've got a few other spa gift cards on hold for future dates. 

I stopped at a grocery store near the massage studio after I was finished, and I just happened to see a woman without much hair (I am hyper-aware) sitting in her car.  I gave her a little solidarity wave, and she rolled down her window and flagged me over.  Turns out that she was also diagnosed with TNBC and is 3 chemo treatments in.  We had a nice chat and compared notes.  She had her port put in on the backside of one of her arms, and I am so jealous of that and didn't even realize that was an option.  Her port is totally out of the way, and she does not have a noticeable scar from it.

She is the owner of a local gym and said to look her up if I wanted to stay in touch.  I think that I will.   That is kind of stalky of me, but she offered so I may stalk away.  I think that it is important for anyone going through this to be able to relate to others and really talk about what is going on.

I also called my surgeon's nurse to ask her when she thought I might be released for radiation so that I can set up my mapping appointment.  I joked with her and told her that she is welcome to tell me to relax and wait for the surgery to happen first.  She laughed and said "relax and wait for the surgery to happen first."  I can appreciate that and will do.  I am sure that I will see my surgeon the week after my procedure so I can harass him then.

No comments:

Post a Comment