Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 167 - No Call

I did not hear from my surgeon today regarding the post-surgery pathology.  I vowed to be ok with not hearing today, and I mostly am.  Of course, I REALLY wanted for him to call, but I resisted the urge to call his office myself, and that is pretty big for me.  I am not the most patient creature in the world, but I've had to have a lot of patience this year so am getting better.

I did get a call from my surgeon's office at around 4:30pm with an automated reminder for my appointment on Thursday.  Not cool, universe. Not cool at all.  Oh well.

Otherwise, today was blissfully uneventful.  I was glad to be back at work.  The soreness continues to diminish, and my range of motion continues to increase.  All good news.  I went for a short and slow walk around the block during the middle of the day, and it was nice to get some air.  I won't say "fresh air" because it is so hot and muggy here that the air is not so fresh.

I can't walk very fast until I heal a bit more because too much motion pulls on my incisions.  It's not terribly comfortable when that happens so I'll stick to more of a meandering pace.

I was so happy to receive a call from my therapist this morning congratulating me on my surgery. It was so nice of her to think of me and to call.  Very much appreciated.

I had a moment of weakness this morning when I saw that Loft was advertising 70% off of their online sale so I had to indulge a little bit.  70% off.  Come on.  I treated myself to some $3 -7 t-shirts and $14 pants. Who knows how any of it will fit, but it is all returnable so why the heck not.  I have no business buying clothes right now for a variety of reasons, but maybe this will motivate me to get rid of some of my old clothes that are just taking up space.

Mike actually was hoping that I would spend some time going through old clothes while recovering from surgery, but I shattered his hopes when I laughed at his suggestion. He even offered to hold the clothes up for me while I was sitting in bed, and I could offer a simple "donate" or "keep."  Clearly, he has no idea how the world works.  I could never go through such an exercise without trying on any clothes in question.  That would just be barbaric.

No comments:

Post a Comment