Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 170 - Basking

I am still basking in the glory of yesterday and wish that I had somehow recorded the phone call that I received so that I could listen to it again.  It was one of the most wonderful calls I have ever received.  The doctor who called me is the one who told me that I had cancer to being with so it seems fitting that he would make the call to tell me that it was gone.

My mind was going a million miles per hour last night, and I had a terrible time sleeping. For once, I was ok with the sleeplessness because I was so happy.  Besides, when I asked Mike if it would be too much to be declared cancer free AND to get a full night's sleep, he said "yes." (jokingly) Yes, it is too much to ask so I'll take the former.

I will be going in for my radiation planning on August 4 and am hopeful to be able to start on Monday, August 10.  If I can start then, I will be finished in late-September which will give me time to recover and get to my October event.  Hopefully that will all work out.

I took advantage of our Friday summer hours by running a few errands with Mike then going with him to pick up Henry.  Nothing like a trip to Costco during some free hours...that makes me sound so old.

No comments:

Post a Comment