Monday, July 13, 2015

Day 159 - Fragile

I originally wrote a post about how emotionally fragile I was today but deleted the whole thing. I was pretty emotional for a lot of the day for a variety of reasons, but I am choosing to not dwell or recount any of it. Instead, I'd like to write about the things that made me happy today:

  • I started my day snuggling with Henry on the couch as he eased into the day, and I did the same before taking him up to bed tonight. 
  • I tickled Henry about 15 times tonight so that I could hear him laugh, and I also read his books in a silly voice for the same reason.  He's got the best laugh.
  • I worked out before work this morning. 
  • I took a nice long bath during my lunch break in an attempt to relax and get rid of some of the fragility. 
  • I ate very healthfully today.
  • Mike and I spent some time just talking today, and we have not done that in a while.  It was nice. 
  • I am receiving and outpouring of love in advance of my surgery that is manifesting itself in so many ways.  I am so grateful.
I could go on and on and will probably continue the list in my head as the evening wears on.  Perhaps, I will write more about my emotions another day.  Today, I choose happy. 



1 comment:

  1. Love you and good luck this week. Ellen

    ReplyDelete