Thursday, July 16, 2015

Day 162 - Memory Lane

In an attempt to distract me from myself, my friend Diane sent me a series of Throw Back Thursday (#tbt) texts throughout the day today, and they were hilarious and sweet all at the same time.  Diane and I have known each other for quite a long time and have gone through many major life events together so we have a lot of memories to share. We also have a very similar sense of humor and just "get" each other.  One text was a picture of the two of us from one of her visits to Charleston, and that one made me tear up and smile all at the same time.  It reminded me of "easier" times that I so desperately want back.

Knowing Diane as I do, she probably created a checklist of texts to send to me during the day today.  Her level of organization puts mine to shame.

Despite distance, time, and major life events, Diane and I have remained the closest of friends, and her friendship is so meaningful to me.  I am so very lucky.  

I received an outpouring of calls, texts, emails/messages, and cards today, and I am extremely grateful.  As one might imagine, I was pretty on edge today.  I went from jittery to weepy in the blink of an eye and surely was not much fun to be around.

As my therapist said the other day "you just need to get through this surgery."  She's right.  I need to get through it to realize how anti-climactic it actually was.  The rational side of me recognizes and appreciates that but is sadly not communicating well with my emotional side. 

I went to the gym tonight in an attempt to work through the nerves, and it helped so much.  OrangeTheory workouts are so challenging that it is difficult to focus on anything else.  I was in a much better mood after I was finished and am hopeful that working out will help me sleep a little bit tonight.

I'll update tomorrow even if it is just a few lines.  Thank you for your love, support and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment