Sunday, July 5, 2015

Day 151 - Magic

I'm not even remotely ashamed to mention that I saw Magic Mike XXL this afternoon with a friend.  It was everything that one would expect a movie about male strippers to be - funny.  There was more of a "plot" with this movie than its predecessor, and it was very entertaining.  A small portion of the movie was actually set in Charleston as the guys were heading from Tampa to Myrtle Beach for a convention.  At one point, a Charlestonian said something along the lines of "why are you going to Myrtle Beach?  You should go to Kiawah."  I couldn't agree more.

In fact, after Magic Mike XXL, I did just that.  Mike and Henry went to Kiawah late morning to play on the beach, and I joined them at the beach house after.  Our long (long) - time family friends always   come to the beach for the 4th of July week and have as long as I can remember.  I have so many wonderful childhood memories of us all spending time at that house.  Now that the once-kids are all grown up, it is fun to reminisce about time spent at that house growing up, and it is even more fun to watch our kids play and make memories there.

I hesitate to mention other people's kids by name without permission so instead of trying to explain how much fun they had without mentioning names, suffice it to say that all kids involved had a wonderful time over these past few days, and I can't wait to get them together again.  There were many belly laughs, squeals of delight, and sweet moments.  I loved it.

It was a great long weekend full of activity, family, and friends.  Just what I was hoping it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment