Saturday, August 15, 2015

Day 192 - Full

Today was incredibly full and incredibly incredible.  My mom came into town yesterday evening, and  we packed today with fun activities.  Henry had a swimming lesson first thing this morning, and he is really starting to put all of the swimming skills that he has learned together and actually swim.  He's been seeing the same instructor (who we love) since he was a baby, and she is so great with him. It is very fun to watch.

After swimming, we went to the SS Yorktown to see the ship and the aircraft that it houses.  We've only been there a few times, and it is always a hit.  The ship itself is fascinating and gigantic, and the aircraft are magic for Henry. There is a flight simulator on board as well as a capsule from one of the Apollo missions which was my favorite part.  I am a space nerd and love seeing NASA relics.  We had lunch on the ship then headed home to relax for a little bit.

This afternoon, we caught up with my aunt, uncle and cousins who are in town on vacation for an aquarium trip and an early dinner after.  Henry adores them (as do I), and looks forward to seeing them every time they are in town. They dote on him, and he totally eats it up.

I have a feeling that Henry, my mom and I will all sleep very soundly tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment