Friday, August 28, 2015

Day 205 - Favorite

Today was one of my favorites! I took the day off and had a true day of leisure.  Henry and I slept in a little bit (until 7), and we managed to drag ourselves out of the house at around 7:45 to get him to school.  Once I got home, I walked the dog, got cleaned up then met my friend Reagan at the spa. 

We both had spa services (hot stone massage for me) then went out to lunch.  Lunch was very leisurely and fun.  We were able to spend some rare time just talking and catching up.  It had been a while since we were able to spend some quality time, and I love the opportunities when we have them.

After lunch, I ran a quick errand, did a 6 minute conference call for work, stopped home to drop off some groceries and send a quick email then headed off to radiation.  The radiation department was running way behind because another patient was experiencing complications (not due to radiation but due to cancer) so he needed to go before me so that he could get right over to chemo.  That made my heart hurt.

Because I had to wait for quite a while, I was able to relax for a while and catch up with a woman named Vi who I met last week.  Vi had a friend with her today who is also a breast cancer survivor so the 3 of us had a lot to talk about.  I got my treatment and went back to the lounge area to wait for Vi to finish hers.  Today was her last radiation so I wanted to wait around to celebrate the end of radiation with her. The end of treatment is a big deal and deserves as many cheers as one can muster.  While Vi was getting her treatment, her friend (Annette) and I talked, and we both had each other in tears.  Annette touched my heart, and I am glad that I had the opportunity to talk to her today.

I saw Vi ring the bell (there is a big bell that patients get to ring for their last radiation), took a few pictures for her, exchanged contact information and headed on my way to get Henry.  Henry and I planned to go to the pool this evening, but the weather had other plans so we snuggled on the couch and watched movies. 

What a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment