Friday, August 21, 2015

Day 198 - Pitch

Earlier today, I was offered the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at tomorrow night's Charleston Riverdogs minor league baseball game.  Apparently United Healthcare is sponsoring some kind of breast cancer awareness at the game, and a friend who I met through my TNBC Facebook group remembered that I live in Charleston so asked me if I wanted to do it. I think she knows someone who works for the baseball team.

I said no.  I am not exactly sure why I said no, but I think that I did because it's just not my nature to be so "out there."  I was afraid that it would be embarrassing and that I would kind of suck at throwing the pitch.  The fear of not throwing the pitch well was probably the biggest driving force behind my answer.

In hindsight, it probably would have been a fun experience, but it's pretty far outside of my comfort zone.  I am what a psychologist would call a high-self monitor or what I would call self-conscious.  That's not a dig on myself.  It's just self-awareness.

I've completed week 1 of radiation and all went well.  5 more to go!

My mother-in-law and I went to see Trainwreck tonight, and it was SO funny.  SO inappropriate but really hilarious.  We both laughed pretty hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment