Thursday, August 20, 2015

Day 197 - Wax

I got my eyebrows waxed today.  One might think that I would not be excited to re-enter the world of painful facial hair removal, but I AM.  I am so excited that I needed to get my eyebrows waxed, and boy did I need to get them cleaned up.  They were starting to grow like weeds.

The woman who I see for that (what do you call a professional waxer anyway) was SO nice to me.  I had not seen her in a long time, and it was nice to catch up. She would not let me pay for the service either.  I cried (of course) and thanked her profusely.  It was a good reintroduction into the world of hair maintenance.

I had my 3rd radiation treatment this afternoon and am starting to get into the groove.  I did have a bit of a strange experience yesterday.  I was in the machine, topless, and a tech that I had never met came in and started taking pictures (that sounds bad, but they take pictures of the setup so that they get it right every time) and drawing some new marks on me. He did not utter a hello or introduce himself.  I have to turn my head to the right when I am positioned in the machine, and he was on my left side so I could not even see him very well.  I found that to be a bit odd and unfriendly so I made sure to say hi to him and get his name on the way out so that I can make a point to say hi to him moving forward. 

I know that this is purely business for them, but it is not for me.  It's intimidating and super strange so I expect people to be nice to me. Today, he was very friendly and chatty so I suppose that I just needed to break the ice.  Maybe he sees a lot of grumpy patients, but I am not one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment