Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Day 202 - Parents

As I was putting Henry to bed last night, he launched into some of his standard stall tactics of needing water, the bathroom, another blanket, another stuffed animal, etc.  Once we got that out of the way, he started to ask me some pretty adorable questions.

Henry: Mom, will you and Dad always be my parents?
Me: Always and forever.
Henry: Even if we move to a different house?
Me: Even if we move to a different house.
Henry: Even when I am a grown up?
Me: Even when you are a grown up.
Henry: What if I want new parents one day?
Me: TOUGH.  You're stuck with us.
Henry: Peals of laughter.

It was a very funny conversation, and I love these little windows into his thoughts.

I am 6 radiation treatments in and am not having any problems so far. My radiated skin is starting to get a bit pink, and the doctor expects that will continue.  At first, my skin got pink, and the pinkness would fade overnight.  It's no longer fading, and that is fine and expected.  Hopefully some minor skin discoloration will be the extent of my radiation woes.

I had dinner with my Young Survival Coalition group tonight.  It was just me and one other woman, and it was nice to chat with her for a while.  She is a 7-year survivor and has had her ups and downs as we all have.  It is always good to hear someone else's perspective on things.

No comments:

Post a Comment