Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 31 - The World Wide Web

Cable and internet are down at our house, and the world is ending.  Ok, not really, but there has been a lot of drama surrounding ATT U-Verse today.  Turn out that something is seriously wrong with the line going into our house, and the tech who came to take a look was unable to fix the issue because it is a "facilities" problem.  Goodness knows what that means, but I hope that facilities will be able to head on over tomorrow so that we are up and running on Monday.  Working from home really only works when my phone, which relies on the internet, and internet work.

I managed to scrounge up some old DVD player that must have missed one of Mike's recent purges of stuff in our house, and Franklin picked up some movies to watch from Redbox at the grocery store.  We are going old school tonight.

Thank goodness that my iPad has cellular.  I mean, what would I do without that in these very very first world times.  Days like this make me realize how entirely dependent we are upon technology.  Henry knows no different and absolutely could not understand why I was unable to pull up Paw Patrol videos on YouTube this afternoon. Quite frankly, I was happy to have a break from Paw Patrol.

We had a lovely day today.  Spent the morning at the aquarium and showed Uncle Frank all of the ropes there, went out to lunch, and Franklin and Henry spent several hours at the playground this afternoon while I lounged around the house, chatted on the phone, and dealt with ATT customer service. Very nice day indeed.

Henry was able to play outside a lot today which was a nice change from earlier in the week. He had a mild stomach bug for several days this week so we were all mostly suck inside.  We were all a bit stir crazy so I am glad that we were able to be out so much.

Mike is having a nice time in Virginia, and I am glad.  We will also be glad to have him home safe and sound tomorrow night. I really hope that the cable is up and running by the time he gets home. I am sure that he has some Golf Channel to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment