Saturday, March 21, 2015

Day 45 - Pirate Playground

There is a playground in a very upscale neighborhood in Charleston that is pirate-themed.  There is a giant wooden boat with 3 slides, multiple overlooks, some tunnels, and ladders.  There is a lighthouse with one giant slide coming down from it, there are various treasure boxes throughout the playground, and it has standard playground fare like swings and monkey bars.  It's a really cool playground, and Henry loves it.  We all went to the pirate playground this morning, and Henry got to show off his tricks to Mike and his grandparents.  He and I had only gone previously so he was excited to show others this gem of a playground.

We all went out for lunch then Mike and his dad peeled off for golf.  The ladies and Henry did some shopping in the afternoon, and I took advantage of Grandma being here and took a nap.

It was a very nice Saturday.  The weather was perfect - a bit cool but not cold and a bit overcast at times. I love days like that.  They feel so cozy.

I love watching Henry play.  He has so much energy and a real zest for playtime.  He can run like the wind and is very enthusiastic with his climbing, sliding, and swinging.  He makes me smile.

I wore a scarf on my head today for the first time.  I still have hair, but it is becoming really patchy now, and I am also afraid to wash it (ew) because it is coming out so much.  I watched some videos and practiced various scarf-tying techniques earlier in the week so I was ready.  I was not sure how I would feel wearing a scarf on my head, but I liked it.  I put on a fair amount of makeup, some cute earrings and just rocked it.

I may have gotten a second glance from some people here and there, but no one's eyes lingered for too long, and if they did, I didn't notice.  I've amassed a great collection of headgear including hats and scarves, and I will enjoy trying various looks over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment