Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day 38 - Visits

We had 3 awesome visitors today.  My mom and Glen got down to Charleston around 11:30 this morning.  I was just very happy to have them here.  We went out to lunch, they took Henry to play, and we just had a nice time visiting.  My mom's school had also amassed quite the collection of gifts for me (and some for Henry too), and I was simply overwhelmed going through them.  Such thoughtfulness and generosity.

With the car from Greenville also came an entire cooler full of homemade lemon ice, the ultimate barfy comfort food.  My mom made a triple batch of my Nena's recipe, and froze it in individual containers.  I am stocked and ready to go.  It is so delicious.

After we went out for lunch, our friend Michael came over for the big hair cut.  Mom and Glen took Henry to a local museum while Mike, Michael and I had a drink and he cut my hair. I didn't quite go for the buzz cut today but came pretty close.  My hair is as short as humanly possible sans clippers, and I like it.  I think that it will be easier to lose being this short, and if it gets to the point where I need to shave it, I will just take care of it.

Michael also surprised me with a wig that he picked out for me. It is really cute and looks a lot like the haircut that he did for me a few weeks ago (he's got excellent taste and I have left all big hair decisions in his capable hands for the last 6 years).  I tried it on, and he cut the wig to make it look less wig-like (his words).  It is really cute and something that I will enjoy wearing when I want to look more like me.

Henry was absolute fascinated by the wig.  I tried it on for him and even let him give it a go.  It is so funny.  We got a moderately decent picture of him wearing it.


I woke up hungry today which is an excellent sign and something that has not happened in several days.  I ate a small breakfast and a fair amount of lunch.  There were some waves of nausea throughout the day, but they were not nearly as bad as they have been.  I was able to manage them without too much issue.

Today was a day that I will not forget for a long time for so many reasons.  I am just so grateful for the support and the love that I have all around me.  My family left around 6pm, and we all kind of crashed after that.  I was tired and emotional from the day, and Henry was pretty much the same. He gets all wound up when we have guests.

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic with short hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For feeling pretty crappy you sure look amazing! Short hair suits you well!!! Love you xo

    ReplyDelete