Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 39 - My Rainbow

I've been thinking about "my" rainbow a lot lately (see Day 7 for more info).  I need to remember that rainbow on days like today.  Today was a fine day, but the nausea still hasn't lifted entirely, and I just found myself frustrated from time to time.  Annoyed that I don't feel 100% like me and a bit cranky that I can't do much about it.

The image of that rainbow is still very clear in my mind, and I think that it will be during this whole process.  I continue to hope that it meant that "while things might be tough right now, all will be ok." It was just so perfectly timed right there in the sky right when I needed it that I really do think that it was there for me.  Perhaps I am thinking a bit too highly of myself...possible.

We made the most of the day today.  Did a little shopping, had Mexican for lunch (which was so good despite some nausea), and Henry and I spent a lot of time outside this afternoon.  Sounds like a totally normal Sunday for us, and it was.  It was just annoying to have my uninvited visitor top of mind while I was trying to do these other much more fun things.

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous.  Mike took advantage of it on the golf course, and Henry and I camped out in the front yard. Perfect way to spend the afternoon all around.  The pollen is starting to show it's face on my black car...slight dusting of yellow after only a few minutes.  I am hopeful that the Claritin that I am already taking will help ward off any major reactions to the pollen. I've always had allergies, but maybe everything else in my system will prevent them from being so bad this year.

I wore a hat when we were doing our shopping earlier.  I like my new "do," but I felt more comfortable with a hat on for some reason.  I felt a little self-conscious without the hat...I bet that some of that will pass with time.

Henry was full of energy today, which was entertaining and times and challenging at others.  I just don't understand where that energy comes from and am jealous of it.  He and I played a lot, both inside and out, and spent some time snuggling and watching mindless TV.  Nice balance of fun and snugs (snuggles).

No comments:

Post a Comment