Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day 50 - Day 50

It is hard for me to believe that I am on Day 50 of this journey.  On one hand, it seems like this has been going on forever, and on the other, it seems like Day 1 was just yesterday.  Time has been strange to me lately. It is going by so fast and so slowly at the same time.  I am not one to wish away time, at all, but I am very glad that things seem to be speeding along during chemo...at times at least.

I felt pretty good today all things considered.  The nurse who administered my chemo on Tuesday gave me some great recommendations on spacing out my anti-nausea meds.  I was taking all 3 at one time (at least in the mornings), and she suggested that doing so may have been causing more barfiness than less.  The spacing does seem to be helping.  The nausea is present but not nearly as bad as last time.

Mike and I took the dog for a walk around the block around noon, and it was really nice to get outside and get some exercise though it was very mild and easy.  It is nice and warm here in Charleston which certainly helps lift my spirits.  

My heart is very heavy for the victims of the Germanwings plane crash.  It is such a senseless tragedy, and the report that the crash was likely intentional is absolutely stunning. I hope that the victims' families are able to find peace and comfort in the coming years, but I don't know how that is possible at this time.  Very sad and very shocking.

Otherwise, there is not too much to report from me today.  I am planning on my usual 8 or 9pm bedtime tonight.  I have so many TV shows that I would like to watch but can't seem to stay awake long enough to do so. Oh well. Maybe I'll just save them up for post-surgery days off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment