Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 32 - Warmth

It was so nice and warm outside today...just perfect.  I see up a chair in the driveway and watched Henry ride his bike up and down the street over and over again (with the help of Uncle Frank).  Santa brought Henry a Spiderman bike, and we couldn't really tell how excited Henry was about the gift at first.  Don't get me wrong, he liked it at first sight, but wasn't exactly jumping up and down about it.  Over the past few months, though, he's shown a lot more interest in the bike and has gotten pretty good at riding it.

He uses and needs training wheels, and he also needs some kind of device to help him keep his eyes on the road vs. his feet.  No such device exists, but I would buy it if it did.  Henry stares down at his feet and ends up narrowly missing mailboxes, and regularly runs off of the road and tips over.  We're working on it.  He did better today than he had previously, and he's got some major speed.  My brother got a workout chasing him up and down the street.

AT&T delivered on what tends to be excellent customer service and had our cable and internet fixed by 11am.  We got a knock on the door around 10:30 from the facilities guy who said that he had been working on the issue all morning.  I am back in business for tomorrow morning. My company will be relieved.

After Franklin got on the road, Henry and I took advantage of our newly working internet and cable.  Paw Patrol was on in full effect, and I caught up on my internet surfing.

It was a lovely weekend, and I am gearing up for a big week this week. I am eager to see my oncologist on Tuesday to talk about the first treatment and see if we can tell if the tumor responded.  I think that it did.  Time to hit it again with the hard stuff.  When I told my oncologist that I was nervous right before my first treatment, part of his response was "the cancer should be even more nervous."  I like how he thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment