Saturday, May 16, 2015

Day 101 - Puddle

I had a 90-min massage today and was a total puddle after!  I could hardly move for a few minutes in a great way.  The massage therapist spent a lot of time on my legs which have been really achy,  and I think that it really helped.  I have a few more massage gift certificates waiting in the wings and am going to use them after each of my last two chemo treatments.

I ran a few errands after my massage and came home to relax for a little while before going out for a friend's birthday.  One of my very best friends, who is like a sister to me, turned 40 yesterday so a bunch of us went out to celebrate tonight.  The plan was to go to dinner, a comedy show and then out to bars, but I was only able to join for the dinner part of that plan.  I just don't have the energy to do much more and am not much for drinking right now.  I know that she understood my bowing out early, but it still crushed me to not be able to participate in all of the festivities.

Hopefully she'll give me a rain check, and we can have another birthday celebration when I am feeling better.  This chemo is much nicer to my stomach, but makes me a lot more fatigued than the first batch. I came home from dinner and crashed on the couch, and I am sure that the bed is not far behind.

Today was a very relaxing day, and I am grateful for the time to rest and heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment