Thursday, May 21, 2015

Day 106 - Lately

I've been feeling very well, both physically and mentally, over the past couple of days.  I find that my emotional/mental well-being is somewhat dependent upon my amount of sleep as well as my physical well-being.  When those are off, I am just off all around.  Thankfully, all has been well in all departments.  Chemo certainly sends one on a roller coaster ride.  You're up, you're down, you're upside down, there are twists and turns, and you just hold on tight some days.  I guess the intellectual side of me knew that, going into this, but it's hard to fully grasp until experiencing it.

I was able to get some exercise today in the form of a bike ride.  I forgot how much fun it is to ride a bike, and the wind helps offset some of the sweat and effort.  I usually feel that more when I stop my ride vs. during it.  I did not go terribly far but plan to do more tomorrow.  I have to build back up to a certain extent.

Henry is totally unfazed by his cast.  He has been acting as normally as possible, but I did hear him say to a friend "only one of my hands works right now."  He's right.  The cast comes so far up on his hand that it is hard for him to use it too much.

Summer is really starting to kick in here.  It was in the 90s yesterday, and we had a major thunderstorm yesterday afternoon.  I love that about the summer..the atmosphere just heats up all day until it finally boils over.

Not much else to report from me today.  I am looking forward to the long weekend and many more days of feeling well.

No comments:

Post a Comment