Sunday, May 31, 2015

Day 116 - Boating

We've spent the last two day on the lake on a boat, and it is quite the life!  My brother got a boat about a month ago so we had to come up and see what the hype was all about, and it is really awesome.

Yesterday, we took the boat to a restaurant to grab lunch and spent the rest of the day riding around the lake, either going really fast (Henry's favorite) or just cruising so that we could all talk and relax a little bit. We let Henry get into the water on one little island.  His cast was totally covered, and we did not let him get in too deep.  He was thrilled, and his cast survived with the cover on it.

We stayed in a hotel downtown (well in Charlotte, it is called Uptown) vs. with Franklin.  He's got some friends living with him for the time-being, and we wanted to get a better feel for other parts of Charlotte anway.  It is official - I miss being in a more urban area.  We walked out of our hotel to dinner and spent a little while meandering around the city on the way back.  Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of places in Charleston where one can walk to shops and restaurants, but those places are not terribly near us.

Charlotte is on the list of places I would live one day.  Congratulations to the City of Charlotte.

This morning, I had breakfast with the salesperson at our hotel.  I had been talking to him about event space at the hotel for a few weeks now so we decided to stay here so that I could check it out.  I was just going to snoop around myself, but he offered breakfast and a quick meeting so that is what I did. The hotel is really beautiful and has nice meeting space. It is probably a bit small for our needs, but the property is right across from the Charlotte Convention Center so there may be something that we can figure out.

After breakfast, we went back to Franklin's and got back out on the boat.  This pretty much sums up the past two days.

Photo courtesy of Uncle Frank. 
We decided to make a day of it and got home around 7:30 tonight.  I had really been itching for a slight change of pace, and this certainly fit the bill.  Big week this week..chemo #7 coming up.

No comments:

Post a Comment