Saturday, May 2, 2015

Day 87 - Eagle

I went for a walk through our neighborhood this morning and just happened to see a bald eagle flying above me.  I stopped to watch it soar through the air for a few minutes and was amazed by the grace with which such a large bird can fly.  It looked so effortless.  I've only seen a bald eagle in nature one other time when we spotted one in a tree behind our house right after we moved here.  They truly are majestic creatures and worth stopping to watch if you ever see one.

After some exercise and breakfast, we went downtown to the farmer's market.  Charleston has a wonderful market every Saturday from April-December, and it is full of wonderful prepared foods, local fruits and vegetables, craft vendors, and a lot of activities for kids.  Henry jumped to his heart's content in several jump castles and recovered with a soft pretzel.  It was a good morning for him.  I bought some beets (may have a slight problem here) and a baby gift.  Where else can you buy root vegetables and a hand-made baby dress?

We made a few stops on our way home, and I bought a bike!  Dick's Sporting Goods was having a bike sale, and I found one that met my criteria - inexpensive.  It is a nice enough bike, and it was put to use almost immediately when Henry, Ben and I went for a ride in the neighborhood.  I'll put it to the test more tomorrow when I take it out on the bike path.  I am excited to have it and think that I will use it often.

The weather here is picture perfect - 80 degrees, sunny, and no humidity.  It was very nice to spend some time outside enjoying the nice weather before the blanket of steam envelops Charleston for the summer.  I guess I won't have to worry about bad hair days this summer (a bright side). My hair is usually a disaster in the summer.

Henry and Ben wore each other out playing with every toy that we own.  I am not sure who was more tired after, but I imagine that it was Ben.

Some delivery Chinese food (even for Mike) topped of a great day.  We were going to go out to dinner, but none of us could get motivated to actually get ready and leave the house so delivery it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment